8 Top Takeaway Tips: The Dining Parlour
1. Look to historic inspirations like an antique rug as the jumping off point for your room design.
2. Surround yourself with things that make you happy. When it comes to cheery and fun design, colour is where it's at!
3. Painting is the easiest way to completely transform your space.
4. Vertical stripes say traditional style, but painterly horizontal stripes are a fresh twist for old meets new.
5. Sometimes creativity is born out of necessity. Think of design challenges as opportunities.
6. Work with what you've got and make it the best it can possibly be!
7. Think of your room as a collection of experiences and create multiple furniture groupings.
8. Bring your room to life with one-of-a-kind artworks.
Get The Look
Sarah Richardson for Palliser: Annex Duplex Dining Table (base), Courtyard Quilted Round Small Ottoman, Annex End Table, Boulevard Round Medium Salon Table | Sarah Richardson for Kravet: Ikat Strie Indigo (drapery accent fabric) | Sarah Richardson Design: Coco Tufted Chair, Chloe Extra Deep Chair | Kara McIntosh: “Grace” 60” x 48” oil on canvas, “Under the Camperdown” 16” x 20” oil on panel, “Gravel Road” 30” x 30” oil on panel | Johanna Reynolds: “An Aerial View” 20” x 16” acrylic on panel, “Bounty II” 24” x 20” oil, oil stick, chalk pastel and acrylic on panel | Regina Andrew: Jute Chandelier, Parasol Floor Lamp | Premier Prints: Horizon Drizzle (drapery fabric) | DiNuovo Granite & Marble: Statuario Octavio (marble top, dining table and round tables) | Regal Fabrics: Facet Turquoise, Facet Indigo, Faye Teal and Vault Aegean (chair upholstery fabrics) | Kravet: Lee Jofa Kelly Wearstler GWF-2812 Katana 313 Jade/Teal, Lee Jofa 919301-LJ, Clarke & Clarke F1300/02-CAC, and Brunschwig & Fils 8018109 E’Toile Velvet 974 Jewel (accent pillow fabrics) | Elle & Eve: yellow vases, yellow table lamps | Vintage: square end table | Client’s own: vintage rug, hutch, large glass vase, glass votive candle holders | Benjamin Moore: Pacific Rim 678 (wall paint)