Midtown Overhaul: Double Bedroom Makeover Reveal! (Ep. 88)
Press play to get cozy with 2 fresh and fabulous BEDROOM MAKEOVERS (plus a bonus DEN)! We're back with new reveals from our Midtown Overhaul renovation project and this episode has 11+ helpful tips and affordable fixes to help you transform your bedrooms into welcoming retreats with all the perks of hotel living and the comforts of home! What's your bedroom vibe? Colourful, softly gilded and quietly luxurious? Or neutral, textured and beachy yet sophisticated? Tune in to find out!
11 Top Takeaway Tips: Girls' Bedrooms
1. No two bedrooms in a home should feel the same.
2. Try a different colour palette for each bedroom.
3. Put a desk in the guest room for added functionality.
4. Double dressers provide a spacious surface for guests to spread out their things.
5. Consider both the form & function of your furnishings when redesigning a room.
6. A mirror above a desk creates a beautiful reflection when placed opposite a window.
7. Crave neutral instead of colour? Focus on textured elements to bring your room to life.
8. Try repeating small details between rooms for an added layer of cohesiveness.
9. If you spend savvy during the project, you can splurge on artwork at the end.
10. Go for WOW by custom printing and framing an extra large photograph.
11. Embrace an older home's existing sconce placements by installing modern ones in their place.
Neutral, textured and beachy yet sophisticated.
Get The Look
Sarah Richardson for Palliser: Shore Terrace Bench, Strie Denim Throw Blanket | Worlds Away: Garbo Side Table, Cerused Oak, Luke Dresser | Dash & Albert: Tala Woven Jute Rug | IKEA: bed | Tonic Living: Ida Embroidered Sheer drapery fabric | Hudson's Bay: bedding | Kravet: Spot On Blanc and Mona Zebra Flaxseed pillow fabrics | Regina Andrew Detroit: Bimini Table Lamp | Canvas Gallery: artwork | Around the Block: white vases | Canadian Drapery Hardware: curtain rod | First Class Flooring: Quarter Sawn White Oak flooring | Glidden: Natural White 50YY 83/029 wall paint
BEDROOM #2 + DEN
Colour-infused, softly gilded and quietly luxurious.
Get The Look
Sarah Richardson Design: Cory Love Seat, Allison Headboard & Rails, Pheobe Chair | Worlds Away: Valentina White Dresser | Dash & Albert: Tansy Blue Wool Rug | Regina Andrew Detroit: Joan Alabaster Table Lamp | DiNuovo Granite and Marble: end tables | Kathy Richardson Photography: artwork | Indigo: artwork frames | Tonic Living: Capri Cotton Mist drapery fabric, Valentina Velvet Mineral accent pillow and headboard fabric, Mason Velvet Lakeland Blue pillow fabric | Clay McLaurin Studio: Brush, No. C07 pillow fabric | Circa Lighting: Aerin Loire Small Sconce | Canadian Drapery Hardware: curtain rod | Around the Block: vase | Elte Mkt: rug | Renwil: mirror | Penney & Co.: green dresser accessories | CB2: trinket boxes | Bungalow 5: desk | Decorum: desk mirror | HomeSense: desk lamp | Jong Young Flower Market: gold/white vase | First Class Flooring: Quarter Sawn White Oak flooring | Vintage: hex tables, desk chair | Benjamin Moore: Cotton Balls, OC-122 bedroom wall paint | Dulux: Opal 50GG 73/031 den wall paint