1. Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
2. Stir the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and demerara sugar together in a frying pan or saucepan over medium-low heat.
3. Sprinkle in the cumin, paprika, cayenne, and salt and mix well.
4. Add the almonds and pecans, stir to coat, then cook until the mixture becomes sticky, about 5 minutes.
5. Spread the nuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crunchy.
6. Let cool and serve at room temperature. The spiced nuts will keep for a few weeks in an airtight container.
Makes 2 cups